Sunday, August 11, 2013

Android World Update # From the Editor's Wrist: So I finally got a Pebble ...

Android Central - Android Forums - News - Reviews - Help and Android Wallpapers
Android Central 
Dropbox for Business

Keep your organization's files in sync. Dropbox for Business has unlimited space, file sharing, and admin tools to manage your team. Start a free trial at no cost.
From our sponsors
From the Editor's Wrist: So I finally got a Pebble ...
Aug 11th 2013, 13:50, by Phil Nickinson

Pebble

So I finally picked up a Pebble smartwatch. Best Buy's finally got them in stock, and it even managed to ship out the same day I ordered, and get here the following day. Take that, Kickstarter.

This should be an interesting experiment. I haven't worn a watch in years. Between phones and sitting in front of computers and always having a clock either in my office or where I am at home — newspapers were always kinda serious about that whole deadline thing, and cable boxes are quick and easy clocks — I just never saw the need to strap something onto my wrist to give me the same information I could get by simply looking up.

Smartwatches do so much more than just tell time, though. But that's another interesting part of this experiment. I'm currently using the Moto X (and, yes, writing our review, finally) which does its part at getting notifications to you quickly and easily. Now I've combined that with notifications on my wrist.  Neither Pebble nor the Moto X Active Display can act on these notifications, though, so it's a one-way street for now. But, still, it's pretty clear that  notifications are where it's at these days. I'm really curious to see Google's take on all that, assuming the rumors of it making a smartwatch are true.

read more


    


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment