Monday, August 26, 2013

Android World Update # Android and Me

Android and Me
Meet Your New Android Friend. Your Community For All Things Google Android. 
Zen and the art of Android: What our OS does for us
Aug 25th 2013, 23:01, by Jess Blanchard

When you’re close to something, it can be hard to see the forest for the trees. In our pursuit of the latest device, the most bleeding edge specs and the hottest leak, it’s easy to forget how dramatically mobile technology has touched our lives. In this series, we hope to take a step back and appreciate the ways in which Android improves our everyday lives. The staff will be sharing our stories, and we encourage you to share yours, as well. This is mine.

Last week, my other half went to Chicago with some friends to catch a baseball game and eat himself silly. I spent my evenings catching up and cooking with friends. (If left to my own devices, I will eat pizza rolls and macaroni for dinner every night. When you eat alone, there is no one to see your shameful habits).

We used Hangouts throughout the week to stay in touch. I got to see some of the baseball game he was watching. He gave me a tour of his hotel room. I showed him the meals I was cooking. And we even “kissed” through the phone (like that terrible Soulja Boy song).

One night he video called me through Hangouts while I was hanging out with a group of friends. I kind of went blind to the other people around me and just did my Hangout thing per usual. My friend commented on the whole exchange, saying something about how, soon, no one will even make regular phone calls anymore. At that moment it really struck me how amazing this ability is and how lucky we are to live in a time where we can be connected to the people we love, proximity be damned. And I was sure that other people out there have felt the same way.

How does the computer in your pocket make your everyday life better? We want your stories! Stories from our readers, with permission, will be published right here on the blog. So if you’ve got a little moment of Android zen you’d like to share with the community, email me at jess@androidandme.com.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment