Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Android World Update # What we’ve got here is a failure to stream - Talk Mobile

Android Central - Android Forums - News - Reviews - Help and Android Wallpapers
Android Central 
Exotic travel ideas.

Searching for your next vacation destination? Subscribe to Off The Beaten Path, a newsletter featuring captivating locales to help you to plan your next trip.
From our sponsors
What we've got here is a failure to stream - Talk Mobile
Aug 14th 2013, 16:00, by Talk Mobile

Our media lives in a world of clouds, and those clouds have to be frustrating and secure. Who's gonna do it? You? You, media consumer? I have greater obstinance that you could possibly fathom. You weep for your MP3 and you curse the studios. You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that your your music, while delightful, doesn't belong to you. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, could be improved. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't want to talk about at parties, you know I'm blocking that cloud. We use words like copyright, streaming, licensing. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something broken. You use them as a rallying cry.

I have neither the foresight nor the inclination to explain myself to one who listens and watches from the cloud the very media that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said 'thank you', and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you build your own cloud and stream yourself. Either way, I clearly don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

*ahem*

Media in the cloud is broken. It's hampered by bandwidth, protectionist contracts, and entrenched short-sighted interests. How do we overhaul the system and get to a bright future of online media?

read more


    






You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment